Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Posting Late, Written On Friday

Well, I tried something new last night, and I'm going to be paying for it most of the day.

I went back to my apartment complex's fitness center last night for my second night in a row. While THAT is new in and of itself, since I was lucky to hit it once a week before, that's not the new thing.

First, I spent only 20 minutes on the treadmill, going for 1.15 miles with a bit of an incline. Then I looked over, and noticed the stationary bikes. They have always looked like typical apartment complex equipment; not usable because parts are missing, in this case it was the seat. Well, you really can't ride a bike, stationary or not, without a seat. Anyway, when I got off the treadmill and was cleaning it off, I noticed that the seat had been replaced. "What the heck?" I thought and went over. After getting my stuff set up around the bike, and pulling up Netflix to watch something while riding, I started going.

Now, bear in mind that while I won a bike a little over a year ago, I haven't been able to get myself motivated to use it. In fact, I really haven't seriously done any bike riding since the mid-nineties. We are talking about a set of muscles that really don't get used that often. And I used them last night, after walking for 20 minutes, for 30 minutes to the tune of 2.9 miles.

Now, I know some of you who are reading this might be shaking their heads and thinking, "Really?" but please bear in mind: I'm 34, have 2 bad knees, am overweight, and have NEVER been into exercise. Even when I was in Track in High School, I hated exercise. Yeah, looking back, I'm STILL trying to figure that one out, but that's not the point. Actually, I'm not sure what the point is, or even if I have one. What I do know is that I'm trying, and I'm trying to mix it up a bit. Plus, now that all the X-Mas leftovers are gone, I can start watching what I'm putting into my gut and start making the space it's occupying smaller.

Seriously, I'm at the front desk at work right now, and was just offered a fresh donut. A Fresh donut, and I said no. Yep, that's how serious fatty is about this.

So I'll just leave this here for today.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment