Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Working With What You Have, Being Thankful For What You've Got.

Did know that people look at you weird when they walk into an unused conference room and find you doing pushups? I swear, I know I'm not the first person who's done that, and is it my fault that I don't want my clothes to get all sweaty?
In other news, yes, I spent more time in the workout center on the bike and treadmill. Let's just assume I've done that unless I decide to post up an excuse otherwise, sound good? Excellent, let us carry on.
So, I like tech. I wish I could afford tech. However, you make do with what you have, right? Sure, it would be great if I had a desk top with a scanner and sound equipment, a mega-megapixel digital camera, a HD digital video recorder, a tablet, most recent Android phone, and so on and so forth, but I don't. I have a Dell laptop running XP that a friend graciously gave me that is on its last legs. Seriously, the keyboard is toast, it will not read most thumb drives or external hard drives, and it's just old and well used. I have a HTC Evo phone that acts as my video and digital camera that I got for free when I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint. So I need to make do. Yes, I like to blog. I like to write, but it's difficult when half of your vowels or your space bar don't work right. Yet, here I am, putting up something with minimal mistakes, I think. I'm working around what I don't have, and working with what I do.
This is something that I'm trying to focus on this year. I don't want to dwell on what I don't have, I want to focus on what I do have. So, what do I have?
I have family. I have a wonderful wife that motivates me to get off me bum and do something, be it exercise, play video games, or write. I have a smart, beautiful daughter who is a handful but I wouldn't let go of for anything. I have a roof over my head, I have food on the table, and I have a car that's paid off.
I have a job. I have a steady source of income and health insurance for me and my family. I have my health. I have a computer that I can write on at said job, and a bit of spare time during it to get writing done.
I have a future. Even at 34, I have time ahead of me to do better. To study, to learn, to get us more to be thankful for, without forgetting the core that we already have. To find things that will enhance our lives, not just find things that are just, at the end of the day, just things. I need to remember that each new day is the chance for something new, and I need to jump on that.
What about you?
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment