Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Can Mess Myself Up On A Treadmill?

The last few days, I've been spending 30 minutes on the stationary bike, and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Even after only a few days, it's getting easier and my muscles aren't complaining as much, but I'm still in pain this morning.

You see, our workout center has two treadmills. I normally use the one on the left, because it, you know, works. The one on the right works, but the belt you walk on is just a LITTLE loose, sometimes causing it to slip as you step down. Well, that happened last night, and something happened to my left foot. I'm not sure how to describe it, just that when it hit the belt it didn't hit RIGHT, and now I have a shooting pain across the top of my foot. Well, no pain no gain, right? It's not bruised, it's not discolored, and when I have a chance to walk on it and "warm it up," then the pain lessens, so I figure, why stop now?

I'm tired of making excuses. "Wah, my foot hurts." "Wah, I'm tired." "Wah, I'd rather do anything else." Not any more, I'm actually on a streak, and I'm not breaking it.

One thing I've learned is how to keep myself moving. The first time I got on the bike, I turned on Netflix on my phone and watched Star Trek: Deep Space Nine while pedaling. That half hour felt like a half hour. The second time, I watched part of the Sci-Fi Channel Mini Series "Tin Man." That half hour felt a little longer than a half hour, just because that show starts out slow. Last night, instead of Netflix, I pulled up a playlist in my Google Music app, and the next thing I knew, it was time to wait for the treadmill. I think I know what my plan is here on out.

On other fronts, Shannon and I realized there are a LOT of series we want to watch on Netflix Instant Streaming, and we've started to organize what we want to watch. We've got series like Angel, which last a few seasons, series like Being Human (both UK and US) that only have a handful of episodes, and a dozen in between that we're starting to organize in our queue as shows we want to watch. Sadly, I can't get her to add any of the Star Trek series or Doctor Who to the list of series that she's willing to watch, but I can't blame her for that. She DID buy me Doctor Who stuff for Christmas, so I'm happy with that.

I've also backed up all the main content from my Geeking blogs, so if they need to be nuked, either for non-renewal or just to rebuild, I'm not going to lose anything. I'm hoping just to rebuild, but since I'm not the one paying for the webhosting on it, I'm waiting to hear back from the person who IS paying for it to see what he wants to do. We'll see.

Well, I hope you had a safe New Years, and if you were in Indy yesterday, you weren't hit by the cluster frak that was a light dusting of snow and ice that caused a lot of people to get in accidents.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment