Sunday, January 29, 2012

Family Tech Support

I love my family, don't get me wrong. They're great. However, there is a downside to working in the career field that I do.

I'm their tech support.

This posting is late because of that. It'll also be short because I'm tired of typing.

Brief rundown: They live in BFE, and service there sucks for Internet. So, I helped them talk to a Verizon rep about one of their hotspots. After picking up the hotspot, went home, found out their desktop doesn't have wifi built in. Went back out, got an antenna, came back, not recognizing the hotspot. Actually, finding it but not seeing the IP address. Finally, I found out through Google that you have to completely turn off the old hard wired connection, reboot the pc, and reconnect. Do that (How did I not think to turn it off, then turn it back on?) and they have the internets.

I swear, it's not knowing how to do something. It's knowing how to Google it.

Anyway, today on the way home, they decided to pick up a laptop. So guess what I've been working on all afternoon. Updating Windows 7, removing Norton, installing AVG, installing iTunes, installing Office... whee.

So, good night, all.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment