Friday, March 23, 2012

This and That on a Friday

Good morning, everyone!
I’m a bit more well-rested today, and I’m only working a half day, so Friday is looking up. Sure, it’s raining, but it’s raining and in the 60’s so it’s actually kind of nice.
Don’t you love it when you have people walk up to your desk at work, you tell them you have a lot to do because you have a half-day, and they insist on talking to you all through their 15 minute break? Yeah, I try to be very sociable since, well, I AM the Front Desk face of the company, but seriously? You work here, you know better. Oh well, I’m probably wasting more time thinking about it than it actually took to do, so I’m just going to move on with life.
You know what isn’t that great about unseasonably warm weather? Insects think that it’s spring. I’ve already seen ants out and about, and wasps are already sighted in the office building. Oh well, minor quibble.
So, this weekend is the Lexington Comic and Toy Expo in Lexington, Kentucky. I’m leaving work early, meeting my brother for lunch, then picking up his son from school and heading on out. They’re excited because there are going to be many Power Rangers stars there. I’m just hoping to find an 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver at a decent price, so I don’t have to order it online. I’m also planning on getting some shots of my little brother and nephew at their first convention, and tracking down good costumes. I also know that there are some other stars and artists that are going to be there, but since I’m not an autograph person, I’m not quite as excited about them. I am interested in the DeLorean that’s going to be there, and seeing if there are any 501st and Rebel Legion members there.
I also believe this is one of the first years for this con, so that is going to be interesting. It’s always kind of cool to see a new convention in its infancy. You just need to remember not to compare it with some of the older, larger conventions you’ve been to.
I’m going to try to do some writing and schedule some blog posts for this weekend as well, so feel free to take a look at the site.
I hope you all have a great weekend, and I’ll see you tomorrow,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment