Thursday, March 29, 2012

Little Bit of Catch Up

Good morning, peoples! Are we well? I certainly hope so!

Wow, I’ve had a busy week so far with my writing, haven’t I? Decent sized posts talking about the Lexington Comic and Toy Expo and my dinner at the Brewstone Beer Company, plus a little blurb about the conventions around Indianapolis. However, now we’re back to me sitting at the keyboard, staring at the screen, wondering what to do next. So, I’m just going to put up a few random thoughts, as is what I normally do.

First, I’ve pretty much whittled my whole internet money-making thing down to just Swagbucks. It’s the only one where I feel like I’m actually getting a return off of it, even though I’ve still done the occasional job on Amazon’s Mturk. So far, off of these, I’ve received enough Amazon money to purchase the Matt Smith Doctor Who Christmas Specials and the David Tennant Specials on Blu Ray. Next up is an arm case for my Evo, plus one for Shannon if she would like one. However, I’ve been loving it, and my little brother has also started doing it, and he’s been loving the heck out of it as well. My only complaint is the limit per month on gift cards, but if my only complaint is “How dare you limit my free money!” then it’s not really that strong of a complaint, is it? Feel free to check the widget on the side bar if you’re curious about it.

Next, I’m back to dropping a bit of weight, but not that much. I think it’s weird that when my alarm goes off at 6AM, it doesn’t matter how much sleep I’ve had, I’m up and out of bed for work. Yet, I can go to bed early, get 8 hours, and when my alarm goes off at 4:30AM so I can walk or ride my bike, and I just turn it off and go right back to sleep. Dang it, I was able to do this last week, so why can’t I do it this week? Either way, it’s not stopping me from trying. I just need to get in the habit of it.

My final little thought for the day is this: social networking is a privilege, not a right. Just because our paths might have crossed once in the past, or because we’re family, it does not mean I’m going to have you on my lists on Twitter, or Facebook, or Google Plus, or Linked In. I’ve been pruning my lists, and I’m going to do more pruning this weekend, and you know what? If you’re no longer on my list, there’s a reason. Maybe I don’t want to see you keep complaining about everything. Maybe your blatant and persistent preaching and linking on your pet subject or charity or religion is spamming my feed. Maybe I put you on because I wasn’t thinking, and I’ve realized that I have no idea who you are, or that you’re someone that has never been on my radar. Honestly, I’m using my Facebook page less and less, and when I’m on, I don’t want to see your scripture quotes, or your political causes, or how much you hate where you live. I want to see pictures of you having a good time, I want to see how your family is doing, and I want to know you well enough to care.

If you’re on Twitter? Heck, that’s for Caticorn jokes. I’ll keep ya.

See you tomorrow,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment