Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ruminations On This Space

I’m not much of a writer.

I admit it. I never paid attention to my English classes in school, so my sentence structure is horrid. I’m a decent speller, and of course we all have Spell Check now, so that’s not a concern. Creative writing courses were never in my interest because, honestly, NO courses were in my interest, which would explain the sheer amount of Unauthorized Withdraws that caused me to leave college my third term. I have a tendency to go on an unplanned tangent. I write as I think, which isn’t that organized and sometimes makes sense only to me.

And yet, here I am, pumping out blog posts almost every day. I think that, since I began doing this at the beginning of the year, I can still count the number of days that I’ve missed posting on one hand. Some of my postings I have received good feedback on, most of them just sit there. I’ve had a few that have received multiple hits, most have had a half dozen hits, while a couple have had no hits what so ever.

There are days that I just don’t want to write, there are days where the words are not even there. There are days where the posting is only a few lines long, and then there are those who take a page and a half in Word before I copy them over here where someone can read them, if they so desire.

I’m not doing this to push readership, or advertising. I’d keep going if I wasn’t getting any hits to the site. I have ads up here just in the off chance I can recoup some costs for other websites I run. Okay, think I run. Realistically, they’re kind of abandoned at the moment. Anyway, I’m not doing this for readership, or to get anything out there, or any sort of enrichment of others.

I’m just doing this.

Like I said at the beginning of the year, I’m curious to see if I could maintain the output needed in order to maintain a personal blog. So far, and this doesn’t cover everything, I’ve put in 69 pages, and 26,090 words into Microsoft Word, which is where I write everything when I’m at work. I’ve had other posts that aren’t in here, and I have the one from December 30 th that I really don’t count towards my 2012 goal.

They’re not all good, they’re not all quality, but they are all mine, and I’m going to keep spewing them out there, moving towards 100 posts, and beyond.

Have a great day,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment