Monday, April 2, 2012

100 Posts, All The Same

Good morning, everybody! Yeah, I know, it was another weekend of no blog posts, but honestly, this is the 100th post on this blog, and I didn’t want it to be a short blurb about why I can’t post, or a lame April Fool’s Joke. Instead, I wanted it to be just another day, another Monday update that also happens to be post number 100.
So here we are, with another Monday. We’ve had a couple of these since I started writing, and it’s always the same.
What did I do?
Well, as you probably know, this past week I had a chance to try out a new restaurant called Brewstone Beer Company, located at the old Music Mill location at Clearwater on E. 82nd Street. For those who don’t want to read the whole review, yes, yes I would be more than happy to go back. I actually had a chance to get a free appetizer and drink on their grand opening this past Thursday, but I didn’t want to go solo, so I ended up sitting at home instead.
Yeah, I lead an exciting life.
This weekend, I didn’t do much. I ended up running out to some Antique Stores with the folks on Saturday. They were looking for a key to a curio cabinet, I was looking for Doc Brown’s wall clocks from Back To The Future. Neither of us had any luck, but such is life. One item I did find was one of those creepy Cymbal playing Monkeys, but it’s still on the shelf because first, it was eighty dollars, and two, it’s CREEPY! They were creepy before Toy Story 3! So, it’s still on the shelf, and I really need to remove the picture from my phone because I keep coming across it and freaking myself out.
Moving over to the fitness front, there’s nothing going on. I keep talking about it, but I don’t do anything, so we’re just going to move on until I actually DO something.
On the beer front, I have learned two things: Imperial Stouts are WAY too hoppy for me, and my peach lambic came with a cork, so I needed to buy a corkscrew to drink a bottle of beer. Yeah, that was a new one on me. However, I’m going to be taking a break from experimenting for the next few weeks, for both financial and “I’m Fat” reasons.
On the online money front, it’s a new month, so I’ve already traded in for $15 in Amazon Gift Cards on Swagbucks, and I’ll be maxing out by the middle of the week again, and I’ll still have some points left over when done, so I’ll be stacking up for the beginning of May, and then I might go for some Barnes and Noble points so I can get Simon Pegg’s book for my Nook.
Well, that’s good for this morning! Like I said, this is the 100th post on the blog, but I haven’t hit 100 for the year, yet. That’ll be my first REAL milestone, at least the first real one in my mind.
Have a great day, everybody!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment