Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Anxious Nightmares

I guess money and uncertainty have been stressing me out more than I thought, recently.
First, let me give you a bit of background. You see, I rarely have a dream that I can remember. I think it ties back to a closed head injury in high school, but I just never really have dreams, at least that I remember when waking. However…
This morning, my alarm clock scared me awake from a fairly vivid dream. Let me say that if you’ve never had the misfortune of seeing the film “2012” and you don’t want to be spoiled about the ultimate destination in it, well, stop reading, because my dream called back to that.
In the dream, I was helping load the final rush of people onto the “Ark” boat, feeling that sense of anxiety as I knew the water was rushing towards us. As we finish loading, I’m standing on the deck, not inside the boat as they were in the movie. At the time I wasn’t making the connection as I was looking around the deck, looking at the layout of the ship and feeling the anxiety of wondering if we were going to make it out alive, but after I was jolted out by my alarm, and thinking about it while doing my morning routine, I realized what ship it was.
The Titanic.
Yeah, the end of the world, and I’m stuck on a ship destined to sink.
Oh yeah, I’m real hopeful for the future.
I’ll try to be positive tomorrow, but for now, work.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment