Monday, April 23, 2012

Another Monday Again

Good morning, everybody! I hope you all had a good weekend!
I apologize for not writing on Friday but, well, family. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again that if I have the choice between writing or spending time with my wife and daughter, the wife and daughter win. Period. So, tomorrow I’ll finish up my write up on Superpoints. Today, however, is Monday, and Monday is review day!
Last week, my family returned from Southern California, where they will go to visit her side of the family for a few months at a time. I picked them up from the airport Tuesday night, and they’re still fighting to get back on Eastern Time as opposed to Pacific Time. Ah, and you know how people talk about the Terrible Twos? Yep, they must not have stuck around for the age of Three. We’ll just leave it at that.
Thursday after I left work, I picked up my girls and went to my father’s office for his retirement shindig. Friday was his last official day, and Thursday evening was the cake and punch and goodbyes that they wanted the family to attend. I find these events awkward, because you always have the people walking up going “I don’t know if you remember me…” and introducing themselves. Yes, I remember your name, but it’s been 15 years since I have last seen you, and I have slept a LOT since then. However, we made it through okay, and I’m sitting here right now wondering if he’s actually tried going to work today.
Saturday was my OTHER nephew’s birthday. There ain’t no party like a toddler party because the crying just won’t stop. The Geekling was upset because she couldn’t open the gifts. Another one was upset because a balloon popped, and so on and so on. However, it went pretty smooth until we had to leave, which greatly upset the Geekling who fought me while getting into her car seat, and screamed the entire ride home. So, we did what any responsible parents would do and just turned up the radio.
The rest of the weekend was pretty calm and wonderful, just spending it with my family. So it’s now Monday and we’re ready to kick this week in the arse, so I’ve got to get going.
I’ll see you tomorrow!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment