Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Brain Dump

Good Friday, everybody! I’m not religious myself, but hey, those of you who are, enjoy your thing!
Starting today, I think that every “Casual Friday” at work is going to be “Hawaiian Shirt Friday” for me. Technically, by the strictest definition of the dress code, every day could be Hawaiian Shirt day, but I really don’t want to push my luck. So now, not only do I need more bow ties, but now I need more Hawaiian shirts.
Many people are out of work today, so it’s making for a slow day so far. Now, sales people and scammers don’t take the day off, so I know the call volume will pick up in a bit. However, it’s nice to be in an office without a ton of people in it. Now, if only I could turn the TV away from CNN, I would be doing really well.
Right now, I’m making plans for the weekend, yet another one where I’m flying solo with the exception of a bit of time on Sunday. Considering that it’s Easter weekend, my plans do not involve going out of the apartment into the madness and fuster cluck that is a holiday weekend. I’m not sure what those plans will be as of yet, since I’m doing them AFTER I write this post, but I’m sure they’re going to contain a bunch of items that won’t get done because I’ll get hooked on reading Reddit, or doing projects on Mturk, or looking for more surveys on Swagbucks.
In reality, I need to study up on Wordpress and get my stuff back up and running. I’ve let my Geek Hand get weak, and I need to let it get strong again. However, I’ve been saying that for months now, and I have yet to do it. I just can’t get motivated to do it. I want to write, I want to put stuff up on it, but I don’t want to get it up and running to do that. Why must things be so hard?
I also need to scrub bathtubs and the kitchen floor. Yeah, because that is always an enjoyable experience. However, I’m thinking about throwing a Mr. Beer batch into the cupboard, so that will help kill a few hours. You know, if I do it.
You know how it is, you go into the weekend thinking you’re going to do this, this and this, when in reality you get sucked into TV or YouTube.
Or maybe that’s just me.
I’ll see you tomorrow,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment