Thursday, April 5, 2012

Eggs and Geeks, No Relation

There are times, when I’m in a crowded elevator, that I hate being the fattest guy there. You see, when that elevator breaks down, and panic ensues, I KNOW I’m going to be the first one eaten.
These are the sort of things that pop into your head when you’re alone in a shaky elevator at 7AM. I really should get my head checked out.
How is everyone doing this morning? Is anyone going to have tomorrow off for Good Friday? If so, you’re lucky. I’m going to be here in the office, answering phones, telling people that the person that they’re looking for is OFF because it’s Good Friday. Honestly, though, isn’t every Friday a Good Friday? You know, unless you work retail on Black Friday, then it’s not very good.
So we’re spending Easter Sunday at my little brother’s place, and I have decided that I’m making Scotch Eggs. If you’ve never had them, think of hard boiled eggs, wrapped in sausage, rolled in bread crumbs, and deep fried. Typical pub food, but since it has eggs, I figured it’d be good for Easter.
I don’t own a deep fryer. Half the ingredients are items that I will only use once. I am a fool. Luckily, I was able to borrow a deep fryer from the folks, and I’m almost tempted to request some Worchestershire  Sauce from them, since I know they keep it in the house. And sadly, Scotch Eggs do not actually contain Scotch.
In other news, I had a chance to check out some of the offerings from the Geek and Sundry YouTube channel last night. Geek and Sundry is a YouTube channel that I think was started by Felicia Day of “The Guild” fame, and it looks to have a lot of good shows. First, all new Guild episodes are shown there, along with the previous seasons. They have a new music video that’s hilarious, and I ended up watching both Tabletop with Wil Wheaton and The Flog with Felicia Day. Tabletop has Wil Wheaton playing board games with friends, and even if you don’t like the game (Small World did nothing for me) watching the interplay between the players is just awesome. The Flog is a video blog from Felicia Day, covering her top five things, something she is interested in, and answering fan questions. The first episode covered blacksmithing, and watching a real blacksmith handle a fangirl who only has experience smithing in video games was VERY amusing, which was the intent.
I’m going to be very honest with you. With Geek and Sundry, along with the Nerdist Channel which also premiered this week, I’m more excited about “television” on YouTube than I am by actual television. Seriously, look up the channels and subscribe if you’re into geekdom. They’re certainly up my alley.
Have a great day, peoples, and I’ll see you tomorrow.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment