Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rambling

All right, folks! We’re making it! We’ve almost got another work week in the can! I use a lot of exclamation marks!!!
Good Thursday to you all! It is a beautiful, crisp morning out there, and I should know, since I’ve been up since 4AM this morning. Dang, it makes me tired just thinking about it. I’ve already been up 4 hours, and McDonald’s is still serving breakfast. That just doesn’t seem right to me. My hats off to those of you who do this on a regular basis.
So I’m here at the front desk, writing and drinking my coffee while buzzing employees in and answering the occasional call, and like always, I’m wondering what to write. CNN is blabbing on beside me, which sometimes gives me ideas, but I’m not touching the subject of mothers who breastfeed their 3-year-olds with a ten meter cattle prod. I’m ready for the bike ride tonight, having a packed a bag that’s at my feet under the desk, and my bike is in the back of the car.
Oh yes, it’s fun fitting a bicycle in the back of a Scion xB.  It works, just have to take out the child seat, lay the back seats down, push the passenger seat up, and position the front wheel JUST right. I’d get a bike rack, but unless this becomes something I do on a regular basis, that just seems like an unneeded expense, especially as I’m trying to find a way to just break even financially every month.
And so far, while writing this, I’ve had two calls come in, both fax machines. I mean, really? It’s 2012, and I’m still getting fax machines calling my work line? You’re all killing me slowly inside, people. Killing me slowly with your fax machine song.
Finally, wish me luck once more on my ride tonight. I’ll consider it a success if I don’t wipe out during it.
Now, I’m off to chug my coffee and grab another cup. This is going to be a long day, but I can donut.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment