Thursday, May 3, 2012

Busy Weekend Coming Up

Good morning, everybody! The end of the week is almost upon us, and I for one am glad. After all, isn’t everybody working for the weekend, really? However, there is a lot of cool stuff going on this weekend, and since I can’t afford any of it, I just want it passed so I can stop seeing things about it.
First, on Friday night, there is a May the 4th party at City Market that’s Star Wars-themed, that is being done to benefit Movember and Prostate Cancer research. There will be a silent auction, catacomb tours, and a costume contest, and it looks pretty spiffy.
Also, it’s the premier of Avengers, even though TECHNICALLY that’s considered Friday morning, since it has a midnight release tonight. I really want to see this, but since the amount of money that they as for tickets for films these days can feed my family for a day and a half....
Saturday starts out with Free Comic Book Day, happening at Comic Book Shops nationwide. Some shops turn this into a big deal, so you might want to check it out.
That afternoon, from 2-6PM, Who North America opens up its warehouse for an Open House, allowing you to shop without making an appointment or shopping online. I would love to stop in, pick up some Doctor Who merch and get my picture taken by the Tardis, but that’s just not in the cards.
Then, on Sunday, well, that’s laundry day. Nothing exciting there, except for maybe Weird Al Yankovic that night! Like I mentioned earlier, my little brother scored tickets and, despite my reluctance to go to a concert when I’m flat broke since that just doesn’t seem to be a thing you should do, I was talked into it by family, friends, and strangers on the internet. This will actually be the second time I’ve seen Weird Al in concert at the Murat/Old National Center, and the third time I’ve seen him over all.
Cool geek things coming up this weekend, so I hope some of you have a chance to go out and enjoy it! Plus, throw in some warm weather, and there might be a reason to step outside.
I’ll see you tomorrow,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment