Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Birthday and Monetization

So, twice today, I’ve went to write down the date, and almost written it as 05/23/1977. Is this normal? According to my co-workers and people on The Twitter, no. It’s not normal at all.  However, let’s be honest. Up until today, how many times have I typed or written 05/23/2012 or May 23, 2012? And how many times have I typed or written 05/23/1977 or May 23, 1977?
Yeah, so stop looking at me like that.
Even though I had no feedback yesterday on the blog post, based on feedback from The Twitter, I’ve decided we’re going to Scotty’s Brewhouse on 96th Street tonight for dinner. I’ve been to the location downtown for a Bloodfin Garrison meeting, and I liked what I saw, so I’m harboring good hopes for this visit.
Today is very busy at the ole’ workplace, strangely enough. How busy, you might ask? It’s taken me two hours to write this much. I’ve had name badges to make, visitors to direct, conference rooms to manage, sales people to deflect, and the random bagel to accept. In between, I’ve had a few random Tweetings to make, plus my morning e-mail to my wife. So far, enough to fill the last now 2.5 hours and keep me from writing.
Now, before I cut you all loose from my in-depth and deep writing, I have a question. If I started to, on occasion, put a link to an Amazon product in my postings, would you be irritated, or just not take notice? I’m trying to pull in pennies when I can, and when I’m talking about a movie, a video game, or other product, I was thinking about using the Amazon Partner program to point to what I was talking about, and if someone picked it up, I would get a small cut.
How do you feel about that? Please, let me know your feelings on that. I doubt anything will come of it, but I’m trying what I can.
Talk at you tomorrow!
Tony

1 comment:

  1. I assure you that I will not be offended by Amazon links.

    ReplyDelete