Friday, May 4, 2012

Marathons

Good morning, people! It’s Friday! That magical day where work seems to take forever to end, where the drive home seems longer, but the beer seems tastier when you get there.
Yesterday, I wrote about a lot of really cool things that were going on this weekend, most of which I won’t have a chance to participate in. Yeah, it kind of sucks, but I’m pretty sure I’ll get over it. However, I hope some of you get a chance to get out and do some of the cool stuff. I know that party at City Market tonight is supposed to be a lot of fun, and I’m already hearing a lot of good buzz from people who caught the midnight showing of Avengers.
Now, there is another big event going on this weekend that I have no urge or inclination to participate in, and that’s the 500 Festival Mini Marathon. I’m not one of those types who have “Completing a marathon” on their bucket list. Heck, as we’ve found out this year, I suck at completing lists. Why make a bucket list? Anyway, cramming in with 34,999 other people and running until my feet hurt isn’t my cup of tea.
And this is just a mini. No disrespect to my friends who actually DO run marathons, but there is no way that you’re going to get me to do something that involves the possibility of bleeding nipples.
Seriously, google it.
On second thought, don’t. Just take my word for it.
So, my little brother has been “training” for this for the past few months, and by training, I mean running around his neighborhood for a while and then crawling on his hands and knees up the stairs to his recliner. The thing is, he’s actually in shape. If you get the two of us together, you’d be hard pressed to tell that this is my brother. So yeah, doing something like that is not in the cards for me.
Now, something that MIGHT be in the cards is the Tap N’ Run 4K coming up this June in Broad Ripple. It’s a 4K that involves beer, costumes, and good times. To my understanding, if you race for time, then you’re not doing it right. It just seems like a good time, and although I do have a dislike for the part of town known as Broad Ripple, it still looks like it will be worth it. Now, if only their website didn’t have so many pictures of people in their underwear, I’d be able to look into it at work…
Oh, and thanks to @CS_indy on Twitter for including me in his joke tweet about this “race.” I really appreciate it, as it looks very relevant to my interests. I’ve always wanted a marathon medal that doubles as a bottle opener.
I guess I do have a bucket list after all.
See you all later,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment