Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Good morning, everybody! Did you all remember to wish the mothers in your life a good day yesterday?
I hope so.
Well, it’s Monday and I had a pretty full weekend. I grabbed dinner from Brewstone on the way home. I can honestly say that the more I’ve worked with them, and the more I’ve tried their food, the more I’m not sure about them. I was using a $25 gift card to them, won on Twitter. You can’t get much food there for $25, but we got a pair of A1 Mushroom Burgers. They were kind of dry, and you didn’t get many fries with them. However, they’re still getting their business settled, and they’re still fairly new, so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt.
After dinner on Friday, I walked down to the Starbucks near my apartment. Josh and The Kahuna were there working on their podcast, so I had to be nosy and stop by to see what was going on, with their blessing. I had fun, met new people, got some more pictures that will forever dash any aspirations I might have of entering the political arena, all in the span of about 30 minutes.
Saturday was a normal day filled with cleaning and toddler wrangling, with a bit of shopping thrown in for fun. And by fun, I mean picking up essentials to keep us fed for another few weeks.
Sunday was Mother’s Day. My family all met at my parent’s house, where the menfolk did all the work while the womenfolk relaxed and played with the wee ones. Burgers, brats, and swimming were to be had, and I think mostly everyone had a good time. I know my mother was happy to have us all there, even when the two toddlers decided to run off because they didn't want to leave at the end.
When we got home Sunday evening, I did hear a bit of bad news. Donald “Duck” Dunn, the bass player for The Blues Brothers and Booker T & The MG’s, passed away in his sleep at the age of 70. Normally, celebrity deaths don’t do anything for me more than an “Dang it, I liked their work,” or in the case of some of them, “Yes. They did drugs until their body shut down. Shut up, already.” However, I’ve been a big Blues Brothers fan for years, and not just because of Dan Ackroyd and John Belushi. The actual band that backed them up was outstanding, and “Duck” Dunn was a part of that band. I owned all the albums, even the regular Blues Brothers Band album, and I had seen the band play at the Slippery Noodle back in 1997. The world lost a good musician yesterday, and that really bums me out.
This week is another week in the life of Tony. I’m planning on hitting Tour De Thursday again in Carmel, this time attempting to remain upright through the entire ride, and I might also try to catch Avengers, if I can get the chance. I am anxiously awaiting the results of an interview I had on Friday for a new position in the company. Plus, we have more cleaning and organizing to do around the apartment.
I know this is going to be an awesome week coming up, and I thank you all for sticking with me through my inane writings.
See you tomorrow,
Tony

2 comments:

  1. So they left because they didn't want to leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, they're 3. They don't think these things through.

    ReplyDelete