Friday, February 17, 2012

Worn Out

I am worn out.

I really don’t think it was the change in the time zones. Honestly, that was a week ago, and jet lag does not last that long. I’m leaning towards hours of recycled air in a packed flight across country, but who really knows? I’m not really ill, although I did get really warm and almost got sick yesterday afternoon while just sitting and reading, but I’m just exhausted.

However, like I said yesterday, no excuses. I made it to the fitness center last night around 8:30 and spent 30 on the treadmill and 30 on the bike. I can tell that I haven’t been in a few weeks, and I’m kicking myself for it. Then, when I dragged myself out of bed this morning, I noticed that the scale hasn’t been giving a correct weight, having been stuck on the same weight since Shannon left, so I pulled the batteries and checked it again.

That was not pretty.

So I’m seriously back at the grind. My main motivation might be gone for a while, but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be motivated. I’m not eating out any more, I’m definitely not drinking any more soda, I’m avoiding the coffee and the hot chocolate at work, and I’m re-evaluating my schedule and priorities at home.

I’m also working on a shopping list/menu today for the next week. Working on 3 square meals a day that are decent, and don’t involve anything from the companies Hostess or Frito Lay. Meats, vegetables, whole grains, and a couple of Healthy Choice meals for when I get home and I am too tired to cook.

I really need to buckle down. I do have a weight goal and date in my head, and at this rate, I’m never going to even come close to hitting it. And this might be why I’m feeling so tired and worn out. I started eating healthier and exercising, and then I dropped it cold turkey.

So let’s see if I can get back into that swing of things.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment