Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Spent Downtown

So, today I drove downtown to attend a meeting of the local Star Wars costuming groups here in Indiana. First, the parking garage recommended by a "friend" was cash only, and this geek never carries cash, especially when walking downtown. Second, where I DID know to park was a couple of cold and windy blocks away. Would have been great if not for the aforementioned cold and wind.

The meeting was at Scott's Brewhouse, which is tasty but a bit pricey. But that could have also been the Founder's Breakfast Stout that I added to my order.

Mostly business stuff, but it was a good time meeting a lot of people who's names I slightly remember. It was a good time, but it did take up most of my day. Plus, dang it, now I want to make costumes again. Even more.

Right now, I'm getting stuff done around the apartment, then I'll be heading out to dinner with my folks and my aunt.

Oh, and added bonus: found two of those wine-ad style framed art prints from Target leaning on the dumpster by my parking spot. I love people who throw something out but think, "Someone else might want this, so I'm going to throw it in the crap and the grime." If you're curious as to what they look like, they're here.

I hope you're all having a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment