Thursday, February 16, 2012

No More Excuses

Okay, no more time for excuses.

I’ve fallen way behind in my goals. Ever since Shannon left town to visit her side of the family in Cali, I’ve lost all motivation to do, well, anything. I’ve been able to come up with excuse after excuse as to why I’m not exercising, or why I can eat Taco Bell, or why I can just sit and read instead of doing something a bit more constructive. I’m back up about 8 pounds, which doesn’t have me totally back up to my previous weight, but it is close, which irritates me to no end.

Tonight, I’m doing what I can to get back on a schedule. I need to run an errand on the way home, then I’m getting back to the apartment, making a light dinner, going to sit down and work on the PC while it digests, then I’m hitting the fitness center. If a treadmill is open, I’m taking that. If only a bike is open, I’m taking that. Heck, at this point, if an elliptical machine is all that is open, I’m taking that. I’m getting my fat arse back in there and starting again.

This weekend, I need to do some serious grocery shopping. Veggies, meats, whole grains; I’ve got to get myself back in the habit of healthy eating again.

I have a lot I want to do this year, and a lot I need to get done, and I’ve got to get the lead out and get to work on it.

So how about everybody else? Are they happy with how their year is going so far, and how you’re doing on your goals?

Feel free to comment.

Please.

It’s so lonely in here.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment