Sunday, February 12, 2012

Disneyland Trip!

All right, folks. I'm back.

I hope you enjoyed some memories of Disney and Hollywood, and I'll continue those in the next week or so, but I just got back from Cali, and I like to post something current for once.

First things first, I flew out on packed Southwest flights on Wednesday evening, flying from Indianapolis to Las Vegas, then on to Ontario, California. I was picked up there, grabbed some dinner, then dropped off at the Candy Cane Inn, which is located right on the edge of Disneyland. I like this place, as it is close, it is affordable as far as the "Resort District" goes, and it is clean. Plus, they also have free parking for a single car, and a free continental breakfast of donuts, muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt, and beverages, which, while it doesn't include bacon, it's still enough to get you going in the morning, so you don't have to buy overpriced food at the park. Once there, and once I know Shannon had made it home okay, I crashed, since it was midnight Pacific, which was 3 AM Eastern.

I woke up the next morning, had breakfast, then walked down to the park, easily making it before it opened. I walked around the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, a large store that carries almost anything you can find in the parks.

 Disney has been doing a lot of mash-ups as of late. They had a large line of artwork from Star Wars, with Mickey replacing Luke, and other Disney Characters re-creating Star Wars movie posters. And then, there was also this picture to the left.

Stay classy, Disney.




Anyway, while waiting, I had to hit Star Tours 2.0 IN 3D. Yeah, what can you do? But it worked out very well. The ride was smoother than I remembered the old Star Tours being, and the 3D effects were done really well.

The walk through to the attraction was kind of cool. The beginning part of the queue was very similar, and rather unchanged cosmetically, with R2 forever trying to repair a Starspeeder.

The rest of the queue was changed, though, with droids waiting to be repaired, and a new security scanner that, after being held up in line there for about 5 minutes, started getting REALLY annoying.

After entering the attraction vehicle, I noticed that it just felt more comfortable, and put on my glasses when it started. I'm not going to go into too much detail here, as it's been written about to death online, but for those who aren't aware, there are a ton of random options that this attraction will go through, so it helps keep it from getting stale. My ride consisted of the Vader/Stormtrooper opening, dropping out of hyperspace on Kashyyyk, and then ending up on Naboo. It was a lot of fun.

The family showed up around noon, and the Geekling looked a little thrown off seeing her Dad there after leaving him in Indiana. She was presented with her birthday button and we spent the rest of the day hitting attractions that she loves, like The Little Mermaid, It's a Small World, Peter Pan, and the Carousel.

Sadly, I didn't get any photos from my phone for most of this, as I was honestly paying more attention to her than I was taking photos. There are photos out there, just not mine.

I know she had a wonderful birthday, and I had a fun time.

Back to the swing of things tomorrow, though!
Have a great day!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment