Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Snow And Valentines

Snow.

It happens in Indiana, especially during the winter. It should come to a surprise to NO ONE when it appears, falling from the sky and accumulating on the ground. And yet, here we are. People are coming in late to work, the social network feeds are being flooded with “OMG SNOW!!!” and there are people telling me of slide offs that they saw as they were coming in.

Seriously, there’s not even a lot of snow. And we knew it was coming.

Now, I admit, I live just east of Castleton Square Mall, right before I-69, and I work at Keystone at the Crossing. Not exactly a long drive, and 82 nd /86 th Street is normally very clear. The road out of my apartment complex is normally junk, as is the road heading to the parking garage at Keystone. With that knowledge, I left a bit early for work.

And I ended up being 50 minutes early.

Now, I’m normally 40 minutes early, but that’s not the point. The point is, WHY ARE PEOPLE RUNNING LATE?

Anyway.

Happy Valentine’s Day?

Came into work this morning, and there was a single white rose sitting across my keyboard.

Um… okay?

There are no deliveries that early, plus, I’m the one that lets delivery people in. My backup is consists of a group of 3 women who all work different schedules, so I was 98% certain that this was not for me.

Supervisors thought I would be upset that it wasn’t for me, but honestly, I was relieved. It kind of freaked me out, honestly. Nobody here should be buying me roses. I’m not THAT friendly. And I knew Shannon didn’t send it, because like I said, I accept all the deliveries, and none had come in.

Finally, I have tickets this evening to an advanced screening of Titanic in 3D. I was going to have a friend come with me, but he can’t make it. Now, I’m not sure I’m going to go. We’ll see how I’m feeling, and if I can get some other stuff done before it starts.

Be careful out there, and I hope you all have a great day! Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment