Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Two Down, Three to Go

Good morning! It’s Tuesday, as in Two Days down, three days left to go. So what’s been going on? Well…

First, over the weekend, I realized how difficult it is to find a Sonic Screwdriver in this town when you’re actually looking for one, especially a Matt Smith version. FYE looks to have slowed down on carrying the Doctor Who merchandise, and Downtown Comics only had the Build Your Own sets, at least Downtown Comics in Castleton. I’m sure Who North America by the airport has them, but I don’t want to pay for shipping from someplace here in town. However, one will be found.

I’ve also been setting up a new PC for the family. It’s a cheap eMachine from WalMart.

Don’t judge me. It’s what we can afford, and it’s cheaper than building one.

I think I’m FINALLY done getting all the Windows updates, and updating the underlying software like Java, Flash, and so on. I have a lot of information to pull off the laptop that I’ve been using, but unfortunately the USB ports don’t like to work, so putting that info on a thumb drive or an external hard drive is kind of out of the question. For a lot of the documents and pictures, those will be moved using Dropbox. For the music, which is about 20 Gigs of CD’s that I’ve put on there, luckily most have been uploaded to Google Music, so those are currently downloading through Google Music. I think so far, I have 900 out of 4,500 done, and it’s running right now. I also have some videos on there, but we’ll just have to see about getting those moved over. I might just have to write them off.

Luckily, since I use Google Chrome, I didn’t lose any bookmarks when coming over, so that was nice. What is NOT nice is all the crap that I have to clear off the PC. Whoever decided to pre-install Norton on PC’s should be put in the stocks and subjected to lashings.

In other news, for those who use Swagbucks and weren’t aware, you can only cash in on FIVE of an item in any given month, and if you go for a big money item, they think you’re cheating the system and down comes the banhammer. I learned about the limit of five yesterday when I went for another Amazon gift card. Oh well, $25 a month isn’t that bad, for essentially not doing much of anything. I know I can also get $5 deposited in Paypal, but it is 700 points vs. 450 points, so I’m probably just going to save up for my next five Amazon cards before I think about that. At least with all this, I’m picking up the two Matt Smith Doctor Who Christmas specials on Blu Ray with nothing out of pocket. Next month will be a Disney film for Mary. I can’t be greedy, I need to spread the love around the family.

Well, this is enough for today. I have a laundry list of items I need to do here at work, so I should start doing what they pay me for.

I hope you all have a great day, and I’ll see you all tomorrow.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment