Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beer Money Revisited

Today, I’m going to revisit my “Beer Money” post with some new things I’ve found, and opinions on other things I have been using. Also, I’ll tell you something I’ve learned.
First, on everything I’ve been trying, I’ve been giving a separate Gmail account that I haven’t been using much, for the inevitable Spam overflow. I’ve also been using a TOTALLY different password than I use anywhere else, or than I’ve EVER used anywhere else. I’ve heard good things about these sites, that they are on the up and up, but it’s still better safe than sorry.
Now, I’ll give you my Clover and AppRedeem/AppTrailers opinions. Clover, I have received money off of, but since no one is signing up under me, I haven’t received any extra money to deposit to Amazon. I figure I’m going to give it another week, and if it’s still not doing anything, it’s gone. Invite link is https://www.clover.com/a?inv&t=8pkurz9g884z if you would like to check it out, you get started with a bit of money, and I get a bit of money. However, AppRedeem/AppTrailers have been a total waste of time. I understand people are getting good things out of it on the iOS platform, but for Android it is weak sauce. AppRedeem is supposed to give you points for downloading and trying apps. They haven’t changed in the past few weeks, so after I got that initial batch of points, I haven’t been able to score anything. AppTrailers, which is tied in to the same point system, has a very weird system, and I haven’t been able to get more than 20 points a day using it. Since it’s 1000 points for $1 in Amazon, it’s just not worth the time or the effort, or the space on my phone, to use.
Moving on to new sites I’ve been using.
The first is Swag Bucks. Swag Bucks is one of those websites that gives you points for using special offers, surveys, searching, watching videos, and playing games. Yes, a lot of the BIG point items involve purchasing items, or signing up for Netflix for the first time, or something like that, but we’re not looking for instant gratification, are we? Nope, we’re looking for a slow but steady, nickel and dime income for small, fun stuff. Videos are normally worth a point or two, some surveys, if you qualify, are worth quite a bit. I was able to take one last night pertaining to Batman: Arkham City that was worth 100 points. Searches and games will give you random points, and if you follow them on Facebook or Twitter, then they will post up bonus codes for a handful of points. Honestly, I’ve been randomly messing with their site for a couple weeks, and I’ve already got $5 for Amazon coming. And this isn’t from referrals, or large sign up bonuses. Instead, it’s just from doing surveys, searches, about an hour a night as I’m doing other things. I’m not getting that much out of it, but I’m getting equal to what I’m putting into it, so I’m fine with that. It’s money I didn’t have before. Oh, and before I forget, they do have a couple of Android Applications. One is a video player, which I will just leave running at work, which scores me about 50 points max a day. The other, which I don’t use, is a search app that gives you random points for using it, but since I don’t do enough searching on my phone, it’s not worth taking up space.
Another site that I’ve started using is called Superpoints. It is a similar site to Swag Bucks, but they aren’t as easy to score points off of. I’ve been doing videos, surveys, and using their “SuperPoint Button” every day to score points, but I’m not getting as much out of it. They seem to be more on the pyramid level, with referral bonuses, and the ability to earn points when someone below you earns points. They also seem to be pushing the special offers more than the surveys and videos, and I haven’t found an Android app, so I haven’t scored as much. Now, to be fair, I’ve been spending more time on Swag Bucks than on there, so on a day off, I might want to spend some more time actually looking into what it has to offer. Now, one thing I DO know, is if
One thing I’m adding on the blog is a sidebar with my referral links. If you are interested in any of these, please sign up using my referral links, and let me know in the comments. A lot of them will give me an added bonus, and we all like an added bonus. This will be put up next week, so please check back. If you want a referral early, just leave a message in the comments.
Also, if you have one that you use that you would like to recommend, feel free to do so in the comments. However, please respect the fact that, not to be greedy, but this is MY platform, so please don’t put your recruiting links in the comments. I will remove them. You have been forewarned.
Have a great day,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment