Friday, June 1, 2012

Busy Weekend Coming

It is National Donut Day, and I’m in a donut-less office. Everyone on the Twitter is going on about their donuts, but I’m just sitting here, sipping my green tea flavored with sorrow and self-pity.
Wait, I was given a donut, filled with cream and happiness and sunshine. Everything is coming up Milhouse.
Anyway, I hope you’ve all had a good week. I’m glad it’s Friday, despite it being a shortened week. It has just been very busy, hopping, a lot going on. Due to the inclement weather last night, I wasn’t able to go riding, so the bike very well might be in storage for a bit, due to commitments the next couple of Thursdays. We shall see, as I’m also trying to work up the guts to ride to close shops for small items, like if I need to hit Aldi’s for some milk, or down to the Dollar Tree for cleaning supplies. It makes more sense financially and physically, but if I get wiped out by a H2 because of the narrow roads and inattentive drivers, then what’s the point?
This weekend, Grammy and Pop Pop are taking the Geekling so Shannon and I can have an evening that will more than likely be filled with fondue and movies on either HBO GO, Netflix, or Amazon Prime. Maybe Prime, since our trial membership knocks out in a few days. Either way, it’s the Geekling’s first night at my folk’s house, away from us, so we’re rather anxious to see how it goes.
Sunday is the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, which is always great for people watching and purchasing the flesh of different animals that has been turned into jerky. Oh yeah, also guns, knives, and military surplus. Shannon is going for the actual guns and knives. Personally, I like checking out some of the surplus, especially as it pertains to movie props and costumes. Alice Pack frames and straps were used on the Ghostbusters Proton Packs. Old flight helmets were turned into pilot helmets for Star Wars, with some modifications. Many different little parts and uniform pieces turned into other parts and uniform pieces for Science Fiction films, and since I know some of them, I keep my eyes open. Oh, and the jerky that will be consumed. Oh, so much jerky.
So with that, I hope you all have a good weekend. I will see you back here on Monday!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment