Friday, June 15, 2012

A Little Friday This & That

All right, folks, it’s Friday. Nothing solid today, just some end of the week catch up.
First, I’m adding a new section for Blogs I Follow on the side of the page. In fact, you’ll see that it’s already there, since after I typed that line in, I just went into Blogger and reorganized. I’ve also removed the Swagbucks widget, and moved some other gadgets and widgets around.
Also, I’m still up for the gas station pizza, or as I told my challenger, I’m as serious as the gastronomical distress that is sure to ensue. I will also admit to a morbid curiosity as to precisely how bad gas station pizza is.
I know I’m not the only one who, instead of going to a dictionary while writing, goes to Google and starts typing the word they don’t know in, and lets the auto-complete tell them how to spell it? I honestly thought there was an extra “u” in curiosity, and keep trying to figure out why “Curiousity” was being red-lined by Word.
On a totally unrelated subject, drinking a large bottle of water, a cup of coffee, and a breakfast shake before my first break at 10:30 really makes that last half hour crawl by. I really need to hit the restroom.

Also, mark your calendars for July 23rd, as the second Pie Wars: The Pastry Strikes Back comes to Indianapolis benefitting Indy Schools on Wheels. More information to come as it’s getting finalized, but I will be there, and I’ve already been marked down as bringing Bavarian Cream Donut Pie, as well as volunteering. Now, I just need to learn what a “ganache” is and how to make it…
Finally, I’ve been posting on my temporary Geeking in Indiana blog recently, so feel free to check in on there. Not much in the way of shop listings, more along the lines of items of interest and upcoming events. However, feel free to check it out, and follow the IndianaGeeking Twitter account as well.
Yes, this is a short post today, but I have a lot going on. Remember that Sunday is Father’s Day, so remember to remember your dad on that day. I’m not quite sure what’s going on that day, but as long as I’ve got my family, it will definitely be a good day.
I’ll see you all on Monday!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment