Monday, June 4, 2012

Teeming With Ideas

Don’t you hate it when your creativity gets its second wind, and there is really nothing you can do about it? I have found a path I want to take for the Geeking Blogs, but first I have to get the foundation set for them. In order to get that foundation set, I need to have the time to set it, which I’m just not being given. Once that foundation is set, then I’ll be able to resubmit all the content I already have, start kicking butt on putting up NEW content, and harassing my friends out in California about getting some content for the one in their neck of the woods.
One thing I do want to do is start a YouTube channel for the site, but that would also take money, since the only camera I own is the one on my phone, and I’m envisioning something a bit more… professional looking? I’m not looking for something that looks like it was filmed for television, but I want something more than a shaky shot filmed with a phone cam. I want something that I can actually have an intro for, something that I can link to blog posts that pertains to the subject, yet people can subscribe to on YouTube. Original content that I MIGHT be able to pull some advertising money out of to help continue to feed the habit, because visiting comic shops and conventions isn’t cheap.
Now, content wise, I don’t want to put too much out there. While I am working on a plan on what I want to do, I don’t want to put too much of the plan out there. I’m going to be very honest with you, I once bounced something like this off of a friend out in L.A. and he really thought this was a “million dollar idea,” something that he really thought could fly, people would enjoy, and would help me make some money doing something I enjoy. Needless to say, I’m keeping it fairly close to me at the moment. However, I have had some friends out HERE that I’ve bounced the idea around to, and they think it’s something worth pursuing, and have given me some advice.
One friend, Wayne Deal, has worked television production and is very familiar with things like this, has offered up some very sound advice and is someone that I’m hopefully going to partner with once the plan is in place, and equipment is procured. Oh, and there is equipment to procure.
The very first thing I am looking to pick up is a video camera. Wayne has recommended to me the Sony DSR PD-150. It’s one of those models that straddle the line between consumer and professional grade, and it will give us a good, clean, professional look without completely breaking the bank.
And by “completely breaking the bank” I mean that it comes in around $1K. Used.
Yeah, if you’re interested in giving me a late Birthday gift, my Paypal info is tokarrai (at) gmail (dot) com.
Seriously, though, right now I’m looking to get the sites back up and running, and starting to put pennies away towards the camera. I have ideas to write down, schedules to plan, and general geekery to perform.
Now I’ve got to find the time and money to perform it, and still be able to pull a paycheck and spend time with my family.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment