Monday, June 18, 2012

Things To Live By

And another week begins anew.
Right now, I have a lot of things in life coming to a head. I’m not going to write on them here, but let’s just say I have made the mistake of venting/ranting about it vaguely on Twitter, forgetting that I now actually have FOLLOWERS that actually READ the tripe I put up there. While I’m thankful for that, it made me realize that I REALLY need to watch my vague ramblings so I don’t needlessly worry people.
So now I’m going to put my vague ramblings on Google Plus. No one will see them there.
Seriously, I just need to stop doing that, and I need to reflect and go back to the three things I TRY to live my life by. No, none of these three things involve bow ties.
The first thing is the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Treat others as you want to be treated. Don’t crap on people if you don’t want to be crapped on. Don’t be a jackhole if you don’t want others to be a jackhole to you. It’s fairly simple, and we’d all be a lot better if we all did that.
The second thing is, it doesn’t matter if they’re laughing at me or laughing with me, as long as they’re laughing. I’m a person that can act stupid. I’m not a comedian, I’m not a clown, but I can do stuff to make people grin and laugh. When I’m doing that sort of thing, people might think they’re laughing at me, but I have no problems with that, since most of the time I’m laughing myself.
Finally, I have a quote that I got from a book called “The Golden Rule of Schmoozing” by a gentleman named Aye Jaye. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow’s a mystery, today’s a gift. That’s why they call it ‘present.’” Don’t sweat yesterday, it’s over, it’s done. Who knows what tomorrow might bring? Today, though? Make today great. Live today like it’s your last today. Live today so that if tomorrow never comes, your family knows you love them, your friends know you cared, and your job knows that you could have found something better, but you didn’t because you liked them.
Life is too short to let petty crap pile up on you, and it’s definitely too short to post the petty crap on Twitter, The Book of Face, or even Google Plus.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment