Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lazy Independence Day

First things first: Whoever put a holiday in the middle of the week, especially a holiday that doesn’t take off until the sun goes down, should be shot. Two days of work, a late night holiday, then two more days really throw off your internal clock, but I will survive.
Yesterday was the Independence Day holiday, which was a paid day off work. I had a few things that I wanted to get done, but the biggest one, bottling beer, has to wait until this weekend when I have all the supplies I need. However, spending time with my parents, grabbing dinner at Scotty’s Brewhouse on 96th Street, and FINALLY seeing Marvel’s The Avengers were a success, even if the showing of Avengers was at 9:40PM. Did you know the run time is close to 2.5 hours? So, between the film’s run time, and the fact that I had the LARGE theater Coke, I didn’t pass out until 1:30AM, and 6AM comes way too soon when that happens. However, I regret nothing.
Unfortunately, this level of bottom-dragging tired means I’m probably not hitting Carmel Pedals tonight, which makes me feel lousy, but I am going to make an honest effort to put some time on a treadmill or a walk around the neighborhood this evening after I stare at Wordpress for a few hours, trying to make sense of it all. I have a slew of pages I need to get up, and they won’t be put up by themselves.  I need to start clocking in and out like it’s a job, ignoring the social media sites and just working on that.
So for now, I’m sitting here at the front desk, attempting to stay awake, drinking large amounts of coffee, and running scenes from The Avengers through my head and laughing to myself.
Short post today, I’ll talk with everyone on Friday.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment