Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Incredible Hulk

So far, so good. I haven’t heard any fireworks around my apartment this year, which means I haven’t wasted any gas lighting someone on fire. I’m just glad that, if I have to, I filled up the gas can at $3.11 before they decided to jack up to $3.45.
I was so motivated last night. Saw Shannon and the Geekling off at the airport, went to Walmart and got a sandwich, then went home, watched “The Incredible Hulk” and played some Fallout 3. Yeah, I get so motivated when I drop the girls off at the airport. I consider it my slack evening, plus I needed to watch “The Incredible Hulk” because I really need to return it to my little brother. I’ve only had it sitting on my DVD shelf for three months.
So I’ve come up with a new scale to judge Comic Book Movies. I’m rating them from “Green Lantern” to “Avengers.” “Green Lantern” is the poor end of the scale. It showed such promise, but the story was a mess, the casting was completely off, and the CG was atrocious. “Avengers” is, well, “Avengers.” Huge box office, excellent fx, and tight writing. When I hear geeks and non-geeks agreeing that a movie is awesome, then I listen. I decided to randomly use this scale to ask someone on Twitter their opinion of "The Amazing Spider-Man," and it was approved.
“The Incredible Hulk” was solidly in the middle. Unlike “Green Lantern” or the original “Hulk” film, I was able to make it through the entire film without losing interest. I’m not a big Edward Norton or Tim Roth fan, but I was able to enjoy the film pretty much. It wasn’t great, it wasn’t boring, it just kind of was. If I wasn’t so set on seeing all the films and how they tie together, I probably could have missed this one. However, I don’t regret watching it. I never felt that it was 2 hours of my life I will never get back.
Just like this blog post is a couple minutes of your life that you’ll never get back.
I’ll see you tomorrow,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment