Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Mess

And it’s the beginning of another week, and it’s starting out REALLY busy.
At work, I’ve got a new training class, I’ve got a reporting meeting all morning, I’ve got a position that I’m putting a resume in for a different position at the old Place That Pays The Bills, so hopefully it will be able to pay ALL the bills. If not, then I’m going to have to search for someplace that WILL pay all the bills!
After work, I believe we’re having our first face to face planning meeting for Pie Wars 2012, so I’m heading down to that. After the meeting, it’s grocery shopping time, as I am COMPLETELY out of groceries. I’m so completely out of groceries, I’m living off coffee and water today at work. Anyway, once that is done, then it’s dinner time, and then hopefully I’ll be able to get some walking in. Of course, I always say that, but maybe for once, I’ll be able to do it.
Oh, and for those who were curious, I won’t be hitting Dig Indiana 2012. Heck, I haven’t even received the tickets for GenCon yet, so who knows about that? Oh well, I’m still thinking that I’m going. I trust the person who said they were sending them.
Apartment/rental home hunting is still in effect. I’ve found a couple that I might be interested in, that are in my price range, but they are asking 3X the rent in TAKE HOME. In other words, it doesn’t matter how much I MAKE, if after taxes and insurance I’m not bringing home $1800 a month, then I’m not even considered. Now, I understand that they are a PRIVATE party, and they need to do what they can to keep from getting ripped off by their tenants, but seriously? If I’m walking in from an apartment with higher rent that I’ve had, in good standing, for over two years, to someplace with lower rent, what makes them think I’m going to not be able to pay? I just… wow. I just don’t know. It just makes me glad that I have a few months to look, as opposed to a few weeks.
Past that, I’m hoping to have a good week. My GOAL is to hit a treadmill, or just the streets, to walk 5K a couple nights every week. I figure, I need to give myself a tangible goal. I’m sure C25K is great, but it’s just not working for me, especially the whole “running” thing. So, I’m going to walk, I’m going to lose weight, I’m going to walk faster, I’m going to get in better shape, then I’m going to start to jog. The thing is, with these knees that I’ve written about before, I need to drop some weight before I really stress them out, or else this is all going to end before it’s even begun. However, even with the little I’ve done the last few weeks, between that and watching what I eat when I DO eat, I’m finally below 260 lbs again.
Every little bit.
I’ll see you tomorrow, when I can hopefully put some coherent thoughts together.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment