Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Wrap-Up

Good morning, peoples! It’s Friday! Friday!
Yeah, I know there’s probably some really weak sauce YouTube song floating around in there somewhere, but I never listen to it or watched the video.
It’s been another week of bachelorhood. Exercise, diet, working on putting articles back on Geeking in Indiana, those have been the things keeping me busy. I’m down 4 lbs this week, so I’ve got that going for me, too. No celebratory donuts, please.
I have a new goal with my Library Card/eReader, and that is to go through the Library of Congress list of the 88 Books That Shaped America. This was brought to my attention by my friend, world record bell ringer, and sometimes marathon finisher Leilan McNally, who posted the list on his Hyper Monkey Media blog. This has given me a goal to check out these books, even if I’ve read them before. The ONE exception might be “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald, since I just read that last fall. Check that, two exceptions, as I read “The Cat in the Hat” to the Geekling fairly regularly.
Personally, I feel “Hop on Pop” is a book that’s shaped America better than “Cat in the Hat” but I’m not a scholar with the Library of Congress, I’m just a sub-par blogger.
So anyway, before I wish you all a good weekend, I’d like to express some disappointment. As of 9:55AM on this Friday the 3rd of August, my post griping about apartment neighbors has had 52 views, my post griping about customer entitlement has garnered 31 views, and yet my post talking about some GOOD neighbor experiences in apartments has only garnered 13 views.
Internet: STOP REWARDING NEGATIVITY!
You know, says the guy who put it out there in the first place.
Have a great weekend, everybody. I’ll see you Monday.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment