Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oh yeah, I forgot...

I hate it when I don’t do any writing for a while. Seriously, it’s been a week.
So, how are you doing? Did you make it here okay? How’s the wife and kids? Good? Let’s carry on then.
Last week was a wash when it comes to exercise. Every time I looked at the fitness center, there was no treadmills open, and I am NOT motivated or hard core enough to walk around Castleton, at night, in the cold and rain. However, last night I was able to get a treadmill. Didn’t do Couch to 5K, I’m not really sure that I want to go that far after all, but I did knock out a hair over 2 miles in 35 minutes, averaging 3.51MPH, which was a fairly brisk walk for me.
So that extra time went into Arkham City, right? Well, yes and no. Left work at a hair after 7PM on Wednesday, found the center packed, so I went home ready to cook a light dinner and play it. Then I open my mailbox, and there was a package containing Doctor Who Series 6, Part 1 on Blu Ray.
Geek World Problems.
So, I ended up watching the first two episodes of Doctor Who after dinner. I was thrown off a bit by how much better the picture looked than previous Series’, until I realized I had watched Series 1-5 on Netflix Instant Streaming, and 6 was on Blu-Ray. Yeah, I’m special.
THEN I finally started playing Arkham City. What can I say about it that hasn’t already been said? It’s Arkham Asylum done on a fairly large map. It’s more of the same, which is a good thing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I didn’t have any issues with DLC codes for Catwoman, and it’s playing through smoothly.
Also to add to the Geek World Problems, a friend is temporarily loaning me the Star Wars boxed set on Blu-Ray for my Lord of the Rings Extended Edition boxed set on Blu-Ray. Since I haven’t watched those films in a few years, which is a major geek fail, I’ve been digging into them pretty hard. Watched A New Hope, which doesn’t look 34 years old, and Empire Strikes Back, along with Star Warriors, a documentary about the 501st marching in the Rose Parade a few years ago. Very good, must buy, will watch again; A++++++.
Other than that, I work and I sleep. I live an exciting life.
T

No comments:

Post a Comment