Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Goal Update

Well, I'm glad that I didn't have "Post more on the blog" as a goal for 2013. It has been a very busy beginning, but I have already started on some of my goals.



First, I'm sad to say that some folks have been trimmed off of my lists on both Facebook and Twitter. Since I have, I've already found my feeds to be less negative. While I hate to sound callous, oh well. I've got enough negativity floating around me, I don't need to add to it.

I still haven't had a chance to clean up the sites much, something I hope to rectify this coming weekend, along with adding some new content to the Geeking Blog! I have also decided that I will continue to keep the Troxell Pack blog on Wordpress, if for no other reason than it helps me keep track and communicate with my friends who post on Wordpress instead of Blogger.

On the exercise front, I'm not going to bore with specifics. However, so far, I've put 7 walking miles out of 500 behind me, and 12 biking miles of 1000 behind me. I've also been invited to a planking challenge for the month of January that I'm starting this evening, so we'll see how I do there. One high point of the last week: On Friday night, I actually walked 3.33 miles in 55 minutes. That was a hair over a 5K, I believe, and the longest I've walked in one set. I'm not sure I can keep that up every night on the treadmill, but it's something to work up to. I don't know if I've lost any weight, though, since I was eating some real junky food while waiting to go grocery shopping, and I've promised myself only to weigh myself on Wednesdays. We shall see.
Pics, or it didn't happen, right?
On the Email front, I'm STILL unsubscribing from some emails. Wow, did I sign up for a lot of email lists over the years! All in all, though, I am noticing smaller numbers coming into my mailboxes through out the day, and it's just been less stress on me trying to keep my Inbox at Zero for the accounts.

Finally, as far as cooking is concerned, I've had to watch my budget so I'm not buying much more than basics, and enough beans and the like to make all my lunches for the next few weeks. This Wednesday, I am doing some teriyaki chicken in the slow cooker, so I guess there is that, but nothing too adventuresome. Hopefully, by the time January is out, I'll at least have pulled off a pot roast!

Until I have something "exciting" to blog about,
Tony



No comments:

Post a Comment