Why am I not feeling that? Well heck, let's go down the list.
First, I still have a healthy family. The Geekling is pushing 4 years old, and Shannon is pushing towards her goal weight. Me, while I'm not as healthy as I like, I've gone another year without smoking, and I'm down about 20 pounds from where I started at the beginning of the year. I've used my bicycle a little bit, and I've put some miles on my Nike + Watch.
Blog wise, I put close to 200 posts up on here over 2012, some of which were worth reading. Not the 300 I was shooting for, but a promotion at work cut into my writing time, but I believe it's still respectable. On the Geeking in Indiana front, while I did get rid of my self-hosted site, I have migrated everything over to Blogger, attached the domain name, and have it ready to go starting in 2013.
Event wise, I got to do a lot of really cool things this year. Some of the highlights were:
- Meeting @BgKahuna and crashing a podcast.
- Attending GenCon
- Checking out some of the shows at the Indy Fringe Festival
- Eating my way through the DigIN2012 Festival
- Renewing a friendship with Spencer Sokol and meeting his wonderful wife, Heather.
- Basking in the wisdom of @CS_Indy, and learning how to #KTSS.
- Drinking my way through a Marathon.
- Making a Bavarian Cream Donut Pie for Charity
- Finally, meeting countless new folks through Social Media. I mean, seriously, a lot of awesome people. I don't even want to try listing all of them, because I'm afraid I'll forget some. Just a lot of great people.
Happy New Year, folks. In the words of @BgKahuna, "Be Awesome."