Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I'm Running Out of Excuses

So, lately I've been looking at here, feeling like I NEED to put something up. Obviously, however, I haven't been able to. I just... I honestly don't know why. I could probably put excuses up like I've been working a lot, or that when I'm not at work, I'd rather be spending time with my family. Either way, not much has been happening on ANY of the blog fronts.

However, today, I saw this comic strip posted up on the always awesome "The Oatmeal" webcomic site. It touches on content creation, and specifically touching on creating content for the web. Now, this creator actually creates for a living, as do many of the people I follow on Social Media, some of which follow me back. Heck, they might even subject themselves to the torture of reading this blog every once in a while. I don't know. However, I know a lot of them would understand that comic, so I made sure to share it.

It also got me thinking about these blogs again. I haven't touched this one in over a month. The blogspot for Indiana Geeking is pretty dead, since I haven't been able to go out and do anything, and have only been inspired by the recent acquisition of Lucasfilm, LTD. by the Walt Disney Company. I'm at a total loss on what to do with the ACTUAL Geeking In Indiana site, so I'm trying to work on that. Finally, I've actually got my family back, so I am planning and working on some short articles for the Troxell Pack site.

Anyway.

Lately, it seems that all I've been creating on here is excuses why I'm not creating anything.I didn't realize how rusty I had let myself get until over the weekend, a friend asked if I wanted to pen a short guest blog post for his "Nothing To Do In Indy" section of his blog. Since this is an awesome friend (seriously, look at the links to the right of this post. See the BgKahuna Blog? Visit it. Awesome.) that does awesome things on line, I was honored and excited to help contribute to his blog. At least, I was until I sat down to write the post. That's when I realized I was out of practice.

I'm getting back on the horse, I'm going to try to get posts out more regularly again, get myself geared up to create content for other places as well.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel this way, and I'll have something up here other than excuses.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment