Monday, September 26, 2011

And I'm going to be sick...

So I'm feeling pretty good, going into the workout center this morning. Stretched, looking forward to improving my time.

Whoops, there are actually people in there. No treadmills available, but that's okay. I just try the bike out for a bit until one opens up.

10 minutes later, a treadmill opens up and I jump on while reviewing my Couch to 5K instructions.

"5 Minute brisk warm up walk, then alternate between 60 seconds jogging and 90 seconds walking for 20 minutes."  Yeah, I can do this.

The walk was easy, did what I normally do, feeling pretty good.

Then I bump up the speed to jog for 60 seconds. Oh wow, I haven't done that in years, I'm not sure I like that.

Okay, back down to a walk for 90 seconds. That wasn't bad. I can do this.

Back up to a jog. Heart rate is severely up. I really think I'm going to throw up on the treadmill, which is not good and will probably come out of my security deposit, if I have any left after my toddler is done with my apartment....

Walk for another 90 seconds, urge to vomit not gone, heart still going crazy, so I stop. The goal is to live to see my daughter grow up, not die when she's 2000 miles away.

Trying again tomorrow.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment