Sunday, September 25, 2011

How do I get suckered into things...

So somebody I joke around with on Twitter dropped a general message out about doing the Couch to 5K workout, and perhaps getting a group to run a marathon soon.

Here's the info, I'll give you a minute: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Are we good? Good. Let's continue.

I jokingly respond to him that if it wasn't for my bad knees (think: won't stay in socket) I'd be more than happy too. He replied that it's not that bad, choose your own pace, and am I in?  Well, being the sucker that I am, and looking for any motivation I can get right now, I decided "Sure, why not?"

So here I am. I have that link bookmarked on my browser, I'm starting the workout tomorrow morning, seeing if I can handle it on a treadmill, or if I have to think about doing this outside.  A couple suggestions have been the service road surrounding Castleton Square Mall, and the Monon Trail.

To give you an idea where I'm starting from:
- I'm 269.2 lbs.
- 35 minutes on a treadmill will get me 1.91 miles.

Bear in mind: 35 minutes just happens to be when I stop. Up until this point, I was trying to improve my time in that time frame, first time around was 1.61. Now, I have a new focus. Something new to try.

Cross your fingers.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment