Friday, May 11, 2012

Tour De Thursday

Good morning, people!
Well, I guess it’s the question of the day: Did I go through with the Ride?
Heck, yes! And it was a great time! I had the chance to meet some great people, see some beautiful parts of Carmel, and just generally have a good time. The ride was about 8 miles, and took about an hour. There was a great group of people, including the entire BGKahuna Clan, showing that this really can be a family affair.
The 8 mile trek started at the SoHo Gallery off of 126th and Rangeline, and we went down 126th St. down to a residential area. We rode through there,  stopping for a break at a Fire Station open house. From there we biked to the Monon, which we took down to the Japanese Garden, then back to the SoHo Gallery.
I wish I could tell you more about the path we took, but honestly, I am not THAT familiar with Carmel. Heck, it’s the first time I’ve done anything on the Monon Trail, since it’s not generally in my area of travel, and I really don’t know many people that live in the area, so being able to see stuff like the Japanese Garden, the Monon Center, and just some of the scenery was really nice.
Now, there is one other thing about this. If you remember, yesterday I closed with “Finally, wish me luck once more on my ride tonight. I’ll consider it a success if I don’t wipe out during it.”
Yeah, well…
And this was after it was cleaned. Yes, I'm wearing shorts.
I’m not going to go into details, but I know it was requested that I try it again for photos and video. And this was 10 minutes into the ride. I don't even think we'd gone a mile.
Even with now having the distinction of being the first “casualty” of Tour De Thursdays, the ride was a great experience, and I’m already looking forward to next Thursday. If there is anybody reading that has been thinking about doing this, I can let you know that it’s a great group and great fun, even if you’re a beginner level Klutz. Plus, now you don’t have to worry about being the first person to eat it on the ride.
I know I’ll be back again next week.
After I practice my corners a bit more.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment